Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rainbow 9-Patch Finish

 Some finishes are more exciting than others. This one is a huge relief. I'm just so happy to have it done and off the UFO/WIP list!


It started out as a 9-patch swap in 2009! It was my first online swap and I was so excited to participate. The center was assembled within days of receiving the third batch of blocks. It took some time to accumulate the border squares and strips, as I would cut an extra strip from every piece of fabric I used for other projects.


I purchased a 90" wide piece of fabric for the backing about a year ago. I wasn't happy with the gray border corner, and really wanted to pull it out. On the advice of friends, the gray stayed.


It went off to Pat for quilting a few weeks ago. I found the vintage-looking green in my stash for the binding. Green goes with everything! I hand stitched the binding while watching the Olympics on TV.


I'm so happy to have this done as my #6 UFO in the Ninigret challenge.

Rainbow 9-Patch
Started May 2009
Completed February 2014
Swap hosted by twiddletails
74 X 92"

13 comments:

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

This is so bright and cheery! Beautiful quilting!

Rike Busch said...

Dear Tina,
what a great quilt! It makes me smile because of the living colours! :)
Greetings, Rike

Rosa said...

It`s absolutely beautiful!

Pat Harrison said...

Great choice for the binding - a beauty all around!

Lisa V said...

Lovely! So bright and cheery.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

I really love it! It's so bright and exciting and interesting with all of the prints. Nice finish!

margaret said...

how immaculate are those white lines beautifully done might have taken a while but the result well worth it

Grit said...

Looks so fantastic.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, colorful quilt and finish! Love the border and the quilting, too.

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I absolutely adore it - such beautiful colours! Great work!

Cathy said...

Great finish!! Bright with just enough white. I might have to keep looking at this with the weather we are supposed to get. :-(

Carla said...

Wow this is a very Happy quilt. Love the colors. Very Pretty.
thanks for sharing

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh the perfect post to rejuvinate this week at TUesday ARchives!! Love this scrappy rainbow! Thanks for sharing with us Tina. :)