Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WIP Wednesday

It feels great to make progress on sewing and home projects, but it is hard for me to maintain a high level of productivity for long. Balance is a buzz word that might play a large part in my life this year.

Finished this week: Crackers quilt for charity.

In progress: 
Clamshell pillow cover. I should be able to finish this today, and then start another one.


 Ninigret Friendship Star Swap. We had our second round of swapping last night.

Take it All with you bag. I'm going to a class this weekend to make this amazing bag with 42 pockets. There was a lot of prep work (cutting and fusing) so we can get right to work with bag construction in class.

Random:
I just got this gorgeous Riley Blake fabric in the mail. I have no idea what it will become, but I love it!

My friend, Kate, made this cute basket for me. Thanks, Kate!

And now, it's time to surf!
http://www.freshlypieced.com/

9 comments:

Amy Given Sewist said...

Wow, you have a lot going on! Love the colors on your clamshell pillow!

Jehnny said...

42 pockets!!! Wow, that will be quite the undertaking! I do love that Riley Blake material and that clamshell pillow- great colours!

Schulz Family said...

visiting from WIP Wednesday. Love your charity quilt

Jennie said...

42 pockets!!! Wow - good luck. I love your clam shells - really must try these!

Janet Ann said...

Holy Moly 42 pockets! One could get lost in there!!! Have FUN - it looks like a great bag!

margaret said...

you are a busy bee. The bag sounds a major job, all those pockets, loo. Not tried those clam shells, look rather fiddly.

Nilya said...

The campshells are so lovely. Great way to quilt this!

Lin's Quilts said...

Forty two pockets sounds amazing. What do you plan to do with it?
Funny, I don't have to have "use" plans for new quilts I start, but need them for bags. I wonder why that is.

Rike Busch said...

Holla!!! So much things are going on. :)
I love the Clamshell pillow cover. I think I will sew one for my couch in black, white and red. Thanks for the idea!!!
Greetings, Rike