It's time to check in and link up with the Library Project Quilt Along. I went a little crazy this week with the Farmer's Wife blocks (aka Engineer's Wife). I got myself in trouble with Sharon because we had decided to make two blocks a week. She made her two and I made 24. Once I started, I couldn't stop!
I only made 3 blocks on Thursday. I started by remaking Corn & Beans with paper piecing. Sooo much better! I thought I was getting pretty good at cutting triangles with the Easy Angle ruler and accurately piecing, but this block just got all screwy.
Urrgh. Mistakes are so hard to pick out when paper piecing with tiny stitches. Paper piecing is my comfort zone, but mistakes still happen.
Blocks 23 and 24.
I'm packing it all up so I can work on something else this weekend. But before I put all the fabric away, I cut out the next 12 blocks. When I come back to it, I can just pull out a bag of pieces and start sewing.
In other news, the second amaryllis finally bloomed.