Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014

Happy New Year! 
The Ninigret Quilters newsletter editor has challenged us to complete one UFO each month in 2014. (Hi, Sharon!) She asked us to make a numbered list of 12 projects. Each month, she will tell us which number to work on. I love a challenge with a deadline, so here's my list...

1. Alphabet Quilt. I think I started hand appliqueing these blocks in 2003. I remember stitching at Little League games. I finished the blocks and the top in 2013, but I think it could use some borders before quilting.

2. RIMQG Crayon Challenge.  I was assigned the magenta crayon and started with a great Martha Negley print from my stash. (April 2013)

3. Swap Soup. Started in 2011, this quilt is a mash-up of blocks collected in various swaps.

4. 4x5 Bee. I really loved participating in this 2011 bee, and I'm ashamed that these blocks are still in a pile.

5. Vintage Modern. A sweet little top made last July, this won't take long to quilt up.

6. 3x3 9-patch swap. This was my first online swap in 2009. It took a while to collect the piano key strips for the border (no duplicates). I'm not happy with one corner, so it sits. It WILL go off for quilting soon.

7. Bears in the Farmhouse was the first quilt along I quilted along with in 2009. It could use a border before quilting. It will probably be donated to Habitat for Humanity.

8 & 9. Quilts of Valor. The lattice top (8) and the pile of log cabin blocks (9) were both started at quilting retreats. The lattice was a class sample for a workshop I taught in 2008. The log cabins (late 90's?) were supposed to be Colorado Log Cabins with the cute star points. It's time to finish these and get them donated.

10. Ninigret Friendship Block Swap. Three months of block swapping begins in January. Yay!

11. Tangerine and Teal Triangles. A workshop with Marianne Hatton last September produced this fascinating top.

12. Xcentric Stripes. My overflowing stripe collection needs to be cut up and used!

The biggest project of the year will be another wedding quilt for another nephew. It probably won't be another award winning quilt, but it will be stitched with love!

I'm looking forward to another productive year at the sewing machine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly an inspiration! Will get my list going!

ShirleyC said...

They will all be wonderful! I love the ABC quilt.

WoolenSails said...

That is a good idea and a nice way to tackle them, one at a time. I have to be in the mood for something, so I work on what i am in the mood for, lol.

Debbie

Cathy said...

I am looking forward to seeing the UFOs unfold as wonderful quilts to be used and loved! The crayon challenge, 4x5 bee, and vintage modern are my favorites so far. Anticipation!!!

Happy New Year, Happy Quilting!!