Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mini Valentine

 I had some scraps left over from the Be Mine/Big Love wall hanging, so I made a mug mat for my mom. I'd like to write a full tutorial but I don't have time today, and you might want to make one right away!


 I followed Beth's mini heart tutorial at Smazoochie using her dimensions for the 4" heart. Then I made 16 HST units that are 2.5" unfinished (2" finished). Bonnie Hunter and Marianne Hatton finally convinced me to use the Easy Angle ruler for half square triangles and I love it! You should use the method that works best for you.

A dusting of powder on top of 4" of  icy snow frozen solid.

 I had fun with the straight parallel lines of quilting. I love the area where they intersect under the heart. Let's ignore the fact that I chopped off the bottom point of the heart. I told a friend this week that there is a time and a place for perfectionism. This was not the time or the place!


Mini Valentine Mug Mat
8" X 10"
2/6/14

9 comments:

The Thimblemouse of Country Crossroads said...

That is just so darling! Thanks so much for sharing.

smazoochie said...

Really cute! And I love your quilting!

Liv Aagot's Quilt Blog said...

What a lovely mug mat! Great Valentine colours!

Cathy said...

I really like this size. Thanks!

Pokey said...

Very cute!

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

I love the colors, the size, the quilting....
Thank you for sharing Q

Lin's Quilts said...

Wouldn't have even noticed the point of the heart missing if you hadn't said anything. Guess we're our own worst critics, eh?
linsquilts.blogspot.com

mb-RI said...

I love the hearts - large an small. And the quilting is outstanding!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is so cute! I finally started using my Easy Angle rulers last month and think they are great.