Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rainbow Finish

What better quilt to show you on another snowy day than a batik rainbow? This quilt was pieced in early January, so it hasn't languished in the WIP pile for very long.


I quilted it yesterday when I should have been cleaning out my bedroom closet. Let's call it procrastination productivity!

The rainbow cat print for the back and the solid orange binding came out of the charity fabric bin, so this quilt will be donated to a good cause.


When my husband looked at the quilting, he asked if the thread changes color, as if he has never seen variegated thread before. Where has he been for the last 20 years?


To create that wavy line with my machine, I use stitch #4 with the widest width and a length of about 4 (5 is the longest). It makes using a walking foot a little more fun.


One more view of the quilt because I can't get enough of these rich colors.


Batik Rainbow
Started 1/9/14
Completed 2/12/14
Fabric: Timeless Treasures Tonga Treats
Pattern inspiration here and here
48" X 60"

9 comments:

Debbie said...

The miracle that is variegated thread is perfect on this! ;-)

Unknown said...

I love you batik quilt, i will do somthing like soon...... I have a lot of batik strip in my closet.
Have a good day

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful yummy fabrics.

Rike Busch said...

I got a big smile on my face, when I'm looking at this colorful quilt!!! :D
Greetings,
Rike

Ms. C said...

Someone will love that quilt!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Beautiful!

I'm impressed your husband noticed the thread. I've got to put things in people's faces to get them to notice around here. :)

Cathy said...

Those colors are so needed right now...we had 13" of snow today...more on the way. Thanks for the stitch setting tip. Think spring!!!

margaret said...

this is so very colourful and beautifully done with a very nice backing too

Lin's Quilts said...

Aren't batiks great? Such bright colors, such happy quilts! The cat backing is great on it too.
linsquilts.blogspot.com