Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Engineer's Wife- Day 1

 I finally started piecing Farmer's Wife sampler blocks. I'll be linking this project back to the Library Project Quilt Along as well as the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along. (My library list is here.) I don't think I would have started this project at all until my friend Sharon mentioned that she started piecing, and then I saw the book in Karen's studio.

Blocks 1-9, pieced 2/17/14

I'm working from my modern scrap bins, boxes and bags with Kona white as the background. Using scraps creates such a mess!


Bat Wing #5 is the only block I paper-pieced so far. The colors were not right, so I took it apart (not fun picking out those tiny stitches!). The colors are still not right, but I'm leaving it. I'm just not that much of a perfectionist.


I have decided on a layout, so I will only need to make 61 of the 111 blocks in the book. Or maybe I'll make them all and make two quilts. We'll see. For now, I'm piecing the blocks in order. I'll probably get tired of that and start jumping around. I get bored easily!
 
Since my husband is not a farmer, my quilt will be titled The Engineer's Wife. As anyone married to an engineer will tell you, it requires a totally unique skill set!

8 comments:

Dee said...

Perfect piecing and such happy colors!

makeitshine said...

Boy ... do I get that. Kind of like being married to a lawyer. :)

Janet Ann said...

Wow I'm amazed you got nine blocks done in one day!! Love the colors!

Gina said...

so cute to change the name up to fit you!!! your blocks are gorgeous!!

Terri said...

Love your blocks - such pretty colors. That's going to be a beautiful quilt (or 2).
Hugs

Jodi said...

These fabrics are beautiful, Tina! My son-in-law is an engineer, and a few others sprinkled throughout the family, so I know from whence you speak! Fun that you changed the name! I have the book and made a few blocks but made them too small and gave up! Your blocks are inspiring to start again.

Cathy said...

LOL. Married to an engineer too! Looking forward to watching this quilt unfold.

margaret said...

this is looking so good, love the range of fabrics being used