Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I'm still stitching up a storm here. When I have free time, I either eat or sew. Sewing is healthier!

New Project last week: Farmer's Engineer's Wife
I went a little crazy last week and made 24 Farmer's Wife blocks. When I packed it up, I decided to sort the scraps by color and another new project was born.
 

New Project this week: Strippy Sixties
These 60 degree triangles were foundation pieced on paper from my scrap piles. They went together really quickly. The white triangles were added yesterday after a close vote. This was my original vision for this project, so I had to follow through. I think there will be another strippy project soon without the addition of solid white.

It is time to sew this top together, and time for you to vote again. What is your favorite layout?

1. random half drop
2. controlled half drop
3. rainbow

 There was a recent finish that I haven't shared yet. I'll get it photographed soon!

http://www.freshlypieced.com/

19 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I vote for layout no. 1, although you can't go wrong with any of them. It will be a very cheery top whatever you do.

Leah said...

Looking good! I like the random half drop. But like Ann said, you can't go wrong with any of the layouts, those triangles can make anything look good. ;)

sewandsow said...

I vote for number 1!! I really like those blocks...great for using up some scraps.

Mad Cat Quilts said...

#1 lay out is my favorite!

Martina @ snapshotsandwhatnots said...

I do like the rainbow layout but the random layout is my favourite!

Sewgreen said...

I like random

Janet @ Simply Pieced said...

#1 is my favorite!

mb-RI said...

I like 3 - the rainbow. However all three layouts look lovely. Whichever you choose will not be wrong - and I do like the white!

Unknown said...

They all look so nice, but I love how the rainbow layouts look when on the back of a couch, or chair!

Jane said...

I agree they all look great! First picked #1 but then thought #3! This idea is definitely on the must try list!

Unknown said...

I love the rainbow layout...no 3. They are all great though.

Rike Busch said...

#2 and #3 are both beautiful! Maybe a rainbow version of #2?
Greetings, Rike
PS: I will write you a seperate E-Mail soon. So happy about the last post. :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Hi Tina! I'm returning your visit and am glad I did! I added myself as a GFC follower...and esp. appreciate this post as I have some scrappy hexagons EXACTLY like your triangles and can't figure out how to put them together.....I love the white. I was thinking a white with a small text print...but now love how clean yours looks. :)

Val's Quilting Studio said...

PS: What White fabric did you use for the background??? THANKS!

Cathy said...

I like the color story in #3. Funny how I preferred the no-white in your previous post when I usually like white space. I think it is a result of too much snow!

Diane said...

Love the random half drop!!! I so want to make this quilt :) thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

i like the random half drop the best :)

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

Ha! The engineer's wife quilt - that's fun ;) I vote that you do whatever you feel is best! For me it'd be rainbow, but everyone's different :)

margaret said...

engineers blocks looking great. I vote for the half drop either one has to me far more life to it than rainbow