Sunday, January 26, 2014

Library Project

I recently stumbled upon Adrienne's Library Project at her Chezzetcook Modern Quilts blog. She has challenged us to dig into our modern quilt library and select projects to complete this year. What a fantastic idea! There are so many books that I love but haven't worked from yet. Here are the books I pulled for 2014...

1.  Scrap Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett. The cover quilt has always appealed to me, but I've selected Over and Under for this challenge. I can't wait to dig into my modern scrap bin and chop everything into 2.5" strips.

2. The Practical Guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman. How cool is Kitchen Window to feature favorite prints?

3. Zakka Style compiled by Rashida Coleman-Hale. I love everything about those nesting boxes on the cover. The prints, the linen, the applique leaf. Yes!

4. The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird. I bought the book when all the modern girls were quilting along. I'm not good with long-term projects, so I'll try to pick a few favorites for a table runner or other small project.

5. Quilts Made Modern by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. I have lots of small pieces of solids piling up. The cover quilt would be a great way to use them up.

I'll be keeping you posted monthly. I missed the deadline to link up the to-do list, but I'm playing anyway!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Yippee! I'm working on a FWSQ (all greens!) for DS #1 - I told him my goal is to work 1 block per week and to finish by the time he graduates 8th grade. Pulled the paper piecing templates from Yahoo! group - they are awesome. Just run my Carol Doak 8.5 x 11 paper through the printer and viola! a paper pieced pattern. Let me know if you want the .pdf files; will save you from having to download them. Play with me!

Gina said...

i love all the projects you have chosen! will be fun to see them come to life!!