Thursday, March 14, 2013

WIP Wednesday on Thursday

It was a super busy day yesterday, so I missed posting my WIPs. Humor me with WIP Thursday!

Finishes:
Sugar Wave is done! After languishing in the WIP pile for 2 years, it is so nice to have it complete.


The Madrona Road saga is complete. My quilt returned home from QuiltCon with some lovely gifts from Michael Miller.




 I scoured the Instagram feed from QuiltCon and this was the only glimpse of my quilt that I could find. Amie's daughter gave her the puppy to keep her company at the show. How cute!


In Progress:
The Emerald Spiderweb top is done. I was getting bored stitching selvedges, so I stopped at 9 blocks. This size fits nicely on my kitchen wall.


I can't wait to get it quilted, but I need to tear all the paper off the back first. I've been using masking paper for foundation piecing, and it works great! It comes on rolls of various widths in the paint department of hardware stores, near the masking tape. I use the roll that is 9" wide and 180 feet long and only costs $2.50 at Home Depot.


Also in progress, I'm finishing up the binding on our guild raffle quilt.

In family news:
We drove to Springfield, MA, to visit Julia at a basketball tournament. She's wearing her cute pep band shirt. Her boyfriend Fred (on the right) and their friend Mike came with us. (Pete was playing in a dodge ball tournament.) It was a fun night and Siena beat their rivals, Marist.


Last night was the swim team banquet and senior celebration. I'm so proud of Pete and the fantastic job he did as co-captain. He was wearing his new Marine Corps Recon t-shirt. It's so intense! It seems like such a contradiction to my smiling, happy boy.


I picked up my last cookie order from the warehouse yesterday. Ever! I've really enjoyed this cookie coordinator job, but it is time for me to move on to the next chapter. I have a feeling I will be joining a Marine Mom group soon!


Habemus Papam! My mother, Julia and I were crying tears of joy as the white smoke rose and we received a blessing from Pope Francis via TV!



It's too late for me to link up, but you can still hop over to see what everyone else is up to.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy Pi Day!




1 comment:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Love the quilt...just beautiful!! Glad your Madrona Road made it back safe and sound and with goodies too!! Great pictures of the kids. Pete's shirt could potentially be a tattoo!!
I wish that car load of cookies was heading south to Westerly :(