Thursday, March 21, 2013

Low Volume Bright Hopes

 I'm not sure what's gotten into me. I finished another quilt today. OK, it's a small one, only 36" square, but I just started it on Monday.

When I was attaching the binding today, I was struck by the irony of using low volume prints in Bright Hopes blocks. It was the perfect finish for today. My day started out pretty low, but I knew there would be a bright spot to look forward to. My son presented his portfolio, a high school graduation requirement in our district. He did a great job and my mother and I were proud to be there to support him. His future certainly is bright!


Fabric used:
72 charms from the low volume swap
36 bright squares from the scrap bin
DS Quilts print from stash for binding
1 yd of low volume backing from stash
scraps of batting, stitched together
Aurifil 50 wt cotton thread, #2000


Low Volume Bright Hopes
36" square
Started 3/18/13
Completed 3/21/13

5 comments:

sophie said...

I LOVE IT and I think Low Volume, Bright Hopes is sort of a perfect name for it :-)

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Lovely! Great use of those swap charms. Love them paired with the pops of colour.

Congrats to your son too! Fantastic achievement.

Pokey said...

I really like it, I want to try this pattern! Yours turned out really sweet ~
:-}pokey

Selvage Quilter said...

Such a beautiful quilt! Great name too. Congrats to your son.

Karee said...

Terrific quilt and name. Who doesn't need some Bright Hope to spread around?
Well done!