Thursday, March 7, 2013

Show and Tell

 This will be my last post about my retreat weekend. These are some of my favorites from show and tell on Saturday night. It is always so fun and inspiring!

You can get a better look at this quilt on Pat's blog.

Beverly was working on these tops that are pieced from her daughters' onesies. Super cute!

Rosalie always has fabulous quilts to show.

Sue traveled from Tennessee to attend the retreat with her friend Jane. She took a spiderweb workshop last month!

We got to see three completed basket weave quilts from a Bonnie Hunter class last April.


This bug quilt has VW bugs in the border!

When Carole showed this quilt, we agreed this will be our project for next year! The pattern is by Julie Popa Designs.

Betsey was assembling this beauty during the weekend.

Our "Midnight" Madness project was this cute little fabric box. I can't find anything quite like it online, so I might write a tutorial. Interested?

Now to plan for next year!

5 comments:

sewandsow said...

YES to the fabric box tutorial.

Diane said...

I love that fabric box! Please write another wonderful tutorial :)

Paule-Marie said...

Great photo of the thread catchers. They can be addictive to make. I found a tutorial several weeks ago and made my own adaptations to it so there was only about 3 inches of hand sewing. Then I made a big sister version of it for a scrap catcher. It took me a few attempts to find the blog posting since it was from 2007.

I'll be interested to see how you put the thread catcher together.

Janarama said...

I would love a tutorial for the fabric boxes.

Marylh said...

Tina - I have made those boxed before from this tutorial http://thestitchingroom.blogspot.com/2007/10/thread-holder-pattern.html

Hope this helps, they work up very very quickly are and are very cute.
She call them thread catchers, but you could make a mug rug and put some tea bags and add a cup and ta da a very nice gift for a friend
Hope this helps everyone.
Mary in Narragansett and Foxboro