Tuesday, March 19, 2013

On the Design Board

I've been piecing low volume blocks in between cookie business. Now that I have everything cut and kitted up, I can sit for 5 or 10 minutes and piece a few blocks. Now every block is a winner. I will have a few extra, so some blocks will not make the cut. (Third one down on the far right- your days are numbered.)


I don't know what to call this block. It must have a name, but I won't have time to look it up until next week. If you know, please share. I am using 2.5" X 4.5" bricks cut from charms and 2.5" squares.

Edited: Sophie provided the name of the block: Bright Hopes. Thanks, Sophie!

2 comments:

sophie said...

I know that block as Bright Hopes. I just took a quick peek in Brackman's Encyclopedia for Pieced Blocks and that's what it's called there, too.

I love your low volume interpretation.

WoolenSails said...

I need to do some piecing but decided to work on some new Kathy Schmitz stitcheries and then I will have something new to hang for spring.

Debbie