Saturday, March 30, 2013

Ninigret Raffle Quilt

 I cannot tell you what a relief it is that this quilt is done! Now I just need to have the tickets printed so the members can start selling them. Visit the new Ninigret Quilters blog! (There's not much there besides these pictures, but I'm working on it.)

Julia and I took the quilt down to the beach in Narragansett for a photo shoot. It was a beautiful day (until the clouds rolled in). This was the first shot we took and the best one!

There are some really lovely sculptures by Anne Mimi Sammis.  This shot would be better if the grass wasn't still brown.

 Shadows too harsh.

Towers in the background, but quilt washed out.

I like this one at Point Judith.

 This blowing corner reminds me of the magic carpet in Aladdin.

Julia's job was to keep the quilt from blowing into the ocean!

I needed one straight shot, so we set up the rack at home, and Pete and his friend held onto it to keep it from blowing over. It doesn't take much of a breeze to catch a quilt like a sail!

8 comments:

Christine said...

It is beautiful.

Ann @thequiltingcats said...

It is gorgeous! The ocean was perfect backdrop. As for the Brown grass... I thought it was sand. :)

Megan said...

Absolutely beautiful.

sophie said...

Wow! I love your beautiful quilt and those photos--lucky quilt to be able to go to the beach ;-)

Ginny said...

Gorgeous!

Pokey said...

Beautiful quilt, enhanced by your photo efforts! Happy Easter Blessings to you ~
:-}pokey

WoolenSails said...

I love the shot on the rock at the lighthouse, really shows it off. It was a beautiful day, we walked at Trustom today.

Debbie

Leanne said...

Your quilt is really beautiful!