Saturday, March 16, 2013

How low can you go?

I was reading blogs last night and came across Amanda Jean's low volume mini. I loved it so much, I immediately dug out my pile of low volume charms from a swap last year. That was at 8:30pm, while watching the Les Miserable 25th anniversary concert on PBS.


Once I had selected some charms (25, to be exact), I figured I might as well start cutting.

Then I had to piece some sample blocks. They were so quick, I kept piecing!

I texted Julia a picture of the completed top at 11:00pm. I couldn't stop there!


At 16" X 20", it was easy to grab a low volume fat quarter for the back. There were some batting pieces laying around from earlier in the day.

The free motion orange peel quilting was quick, but far from perfect. The thread broke a couple of times, which was just annoying. I think I need to change the needle.

I headed back to the stash for binding at 11:30pm and chose a tiny check in citron.
(I chose two more charms, folded in half and stitched into the top corners to hold a dowel for hanging.)


I sat down to watch David Letterman and hand-stitched the binding to the back.

The final stitch was taken at 12:30am, watching the Dropkick Murphys, not a low volume group!


My version is lower volume than Amanda Jean's, but I really like it.

Have you ever been so obsessed about a quilt that you couldn't sleep until it was done?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This is SO sweet, and what a fun quilty evening! And yes I've been unable to stop before!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's gorgeous!