Monday, March 11, 2013

Sugar Wave

 My Sugar Wave quilt is complete! This is my third finish for 2013.

The fabric is Sugar Snap by Melissa Averinos.

Put those together and you get Sugar Wave!


My son held it up for the photo shoot and it was just breezy enough to move the quilt around.


 Perfection is overrated! My quilting is certainly not perfect, but the overall effect works really well.


 I quilted the lava lamp shapes from the back because I could see better.


I used Kona Lupine for the binding. 

Started: January 2011
Completed: March 9, 2013
Size: 50" X 66"

Q1 Finish Along Finish #2.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Lovely! Your quilt is perfect for this design!

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt. I have a book on making wave style quilts, but my first time came out all bunched, so I guess I need to actually read the book, lol.

Debbie

Helen in the UK said...

LOVE what you've done with the quilting. Great job :)