Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WIP Wednesday

 It was a very quilty week, but I have no finishes to report.

New: Emerald & Selvedge Spider Web. This was our retreat workshop on Saturday. It makes me so happy! The Kona Fern is the closest I could find to Pantone Emerald. The selvedges play so nicely off that color. Can you see the tiny orange pinwheels in the center of each web? That is my little nod to Tangerine Tango from 2012.



 Progress Made: I worked on my Sugar Wave quilt on Friday night. I finished the quilting in the gray stripes and figured out what to do in the lava lamp shapes. I tried a feather and it looked horrible. After I tore it out, I did this horizontal loopy thing and it works.


 When I flipped it over so you could see the quilting better, I realized that it would be easier if I quilted it from this side, too. I'll be trying that later. I think I will try marking parallel guide lines to keep the loops evenly spaced. Winging it is fine, but neater will be better.


I also made two more album blocks for Pete's quilt. Retreats are a great place to get stuff done!


No Progress: Everything else is listed on my Works In Progress page.

Linking up to Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

verpa said...

I love your spider webs. I can´t imagine having such many salvages. But it looks great. Your quilting is great too.

Debbie said...

oh wow. Love your webs. And your quilting! I aspire to quilting as nice as that!

JHNickodemus said...

Those webs make my heart go pitter patter!

karen said...

Love your webs!! That's a lot of selvedge!!

Amy said...

I love the emerald!

Abby and Stephanie said...

I totally LOVE the green with the selvedges. Very striking.