I'm so excited that my Madrona Road challenge piece is finished before the deadline! It was actually finished on Thursday, but I have been busy dealing with 2600 cases of Girl Scout cookies since then.
It doesn't have a title yet. Madrona Road
It is almost 47" square. The pieced chevrons are 8.5" wide.
I only used the fabrics provided (Thank you, Michael Miller!) plus 2 yds of Vanilla Cotton Couture and 1 yard of Blue Sprout that I purchased. I used virtually every bit!
It is quilted with Aurifil 50wt, #2326 (sand/tan). This thread is a dream to work with!
I had quilting design issues. My original vision was for feathers along the chevrons, but they were too wide for me to handle on my Bernina. I played around with some drawings and thought I could pull off the swirly fern effect (left). Nope. Hated it. So I tried a swag thing and liked it much better (right).
Here you can see both options on the back. It took me an hour to pull out the quilting I didn't like. So worth it!
This is the only shot I have of the back. You can see how I pieced everything I had left. It wasn't quite wide enough and I had to add some Kona gray to the side. I want to write my own little story on the white part as a label. Still thinking about that!
And because it is snowing again, I made Pete hold it up for me outside. Look at those skinny legs! He didn't get them from me.