Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Hexies from the Archives

The theme this week for Tuesday Archives at Val's Quilting Studio is Hexagons. (Theme number 2 is Houses, but I don't have any house quilts.) Digging through my archives, I've uncovered more hexie projects than I remembered!

Nonna's Garden from 2011 is my favorite. You can read more about her here.



This hexie runner was a major turning point for me, which is one of the reasons it is still displayed in my blog banner. The modern prints and natural linen is so 2010 and I still love it so!
 

I dug out my mother's unfinished GFG blocks from the 1990's and finished the quilt for her birthday three years ago.


I really love this foundation paper-pieced table topper that I donated to a silent auction. I still need to make one for myself.


I do have this hexagon table topper that I made in 2007.


I made some rose stars for a swap in 2012.


This was the cutest pouch I've ever made and I gave it away. Some swaps are so difficult to part with!


My current hexie WIP. These fussy cut rings look like gears to me. I might applique them to a background, leaving lots of negative space.





Phew! That was a lot of hexagons! Head on over to Val's to see more.

http://myplvl.blogspot.com/2014/10/tuesday-archives-33-hexagons-houses.html

3 comments:

Jasmine said...

These are great examples of hexagons. My favorite is the twisty table topper.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Tina I'm so inpsired by the variety your shared! You've been quilting for a while haven't you!! Fun to see how materials changes over the years...

margaret said...

so many lovely projects here, I think the half hexie table top is my favourite.