Sunday, October 19, 2014

Funny Story

 
I met a guild friend at a Habitat for Humanity home dedication today. Jane and I were there to present this quilt to the family as a housewarming gift from Ninigret Quilters. I noticed on the program that the gift presentations would take place immediately following the homeowner's remarks, and ours was first. This was an emotional group. The volunteer family partner and the homeowner both teared up during their talks, and got everyone else going. And now it's my turn? Great.

I had the speech planned in my head that started with, "Jane and I are happy to be here..." Then the MC asked us to come forward and introduce ourselves. 
 
I said, "I'm Jane. Wait. No, I'm not! She is Jane." We all laughed! They called me "Not Jane" for the rest of the event.

As Bugs Bunny and my brother Vinnie would say, "What a maroon!"

6 comments:

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Well "Not Jane" that is a great quilt. I love the idea that it can be made with scraps. That would be a good guild project too!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful thing to do, to welcome them into their new home, perfect gift.

Debbie

margaret said...

such a lovely gift, not come across Habitat for Humanity before. Wonder if it has anything to do with the store they all closed down here in England a while ago

Unknown said...

What a beautiful welcome to your new home gift.

Terri said...

Sounds like something I would do. Maroon is a lovely color! I like maroon.
What a nice gift.
Hugs

Marlene said...

Nice laugh for the morning-Not Jane. What a lovely quilt and I can imagine all parties tearing up. Such an emotional time for all concerned. Best wishes to the family for happy times in their new home.