I finished a very old WIP last night. It is so satisfying to move this to the completed list! I must have started this alphabet quilt at least 12 years ago. I know I bought the daisy print in 1999 or 2000 when Julia was a Girl Scout Daisy.
I remember making the letter templates on my computer, either in Word or Powerpoint. I can't find the file, so I'm not sure which font I used. I had a big collection of novelty prints at the time, so most of this fabric came out of my stash. The print for each letter represents that letter. A is for alphabet, B is for balls, C is for crayons, etc.
The letters were hand appliqued over the years at ball games and whenever I had a few minutes to spare. The applique was finished and the top was assembled in August 2013. Last week, I added the border and pieced the back from some Dr. Seuss prints. The blue binding is from the same Dr. Seuss collection.
I quilted around each letter, then added swirls in the background.
I like the way you can see the letters on the back.
A is for Alphabet
34" X 46"
Started c. 2000
Completed October 22, 2014