Friday, October 24, 2014

Sunnyside Mini

 I finished two more small quilts yesterday. I'm avoiding other work like the plague.


Back in June, I designed this mini in EQ7 for the Schnitzel and Boo mini quilt swap.
 

I used Kate Spain's Sunnyside Buttercup Blaze as inspiration and pulled the rest of the fabric from my stash. The little top was done in no time.
 

When I decided to work on it yesterday, I went a little crazy with quilting!
 

 There's a pretty Kaffe print on the back. The binding was attached by machine with a little help from Elmer's washable school glue. (Watch Sharon Schamber's video for perfect competition-ready binding.)


It looks great on my front porch, if only for the photo shoot.
 

Last one, complete with dirty pumpkins and porch steps.
 

Sunnyside Mini
19.5" square
Started June 15, 2914
Completed October 23, 2014
Original Design

6 comments:

Vicki H said...

Very cute. I love pinwheel in the center.

Jodi said...

Oooh, those are good colors from going from summer to fall, a little of both. See you tomorrow, hopefully!

Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty said...

I just started glue basting my bindings before attaching them by machine. Love it! And I love this mini. I'm generally not a fan of Kaffe's designs (they're beautiful, just not my thing), but the backing you chose is the perfect complement to the palette of the top. Congrats!

margaret said...

great design and love fabrics, also the Kaffe fabric on the back, the more I see of his fabrics the more I like them Seriously thinking of buying EQ7 have pondered about it for over a year must make the decision soon

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's gorgeous!

Sarah said...

Love the design of this quilt. Great quilting too!