Wednesday, October 1, 2014

WIP Wednesday

 I'm back in the swing of sewing random projects. After finishing the Monkey Wrench last week (see below), I had to pull out some happy colors. There is nothing happier than these sweet animal panels by Blend! I pieced the borders from scraps, which didn't even make a dent in the pile I pulled. I had originally planned on turning these 4 pieces into 2 pillows, but now I like them so much together. I'll probably buy some of the coordinating print at the LQS sale tomorrow to turn this into a wall hanging or baby quilt.


When my niece, Debbie, visited in August, she picked out this Art Gallery print from my stash for some place mats. The dining room in her rental apartment is painted lavender. The 4 place mats are quilted and ready to be bound, as soon as I buy the right binding fabric.
 

Monkey Wrench is done and waiting to be photographed, as soon as it stops raining.
 

This little table runner was made with scraps from the monkey wrench and pieced as leaders/enders. It's like getting an extra project for free!
 

 I had two quilts on display at the Air Museum show last week: Pete's quilt and the Wedding ring. Christopher and Jamie can finally have their quilt back!


I'm heading down to the dungeon to put away the piles of fabric and supplies that have accumulated on (under and around) my table in the last few weeks.

http://www.freshlypieced.com/

5 comments:

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

You sure are in the swing of things! Baby quilt is adorable. Love all those colors! Place-mats have that traditional and modern feel! And your quilts hanging in the show are wonderful. Looking forward for the full pics of your Monkey Wrench.
I think we might see sun tomorrow or Friday! Fingers are crossed.

Jodi said...

Those sure are bright and happy, Tina! I vote for a baby quilt! And a matching wall hanging for a baby's room! Hope to see you Saturday.

Rike Busch said...

Hej Tina,
So much done! Wow! the Panels are really beautiful and just made for a nice baby quilt or wall hanging. :-D
Greetings, Rike

margaret said...

must be a baby quilt it is so cute, I feel a need for some of these panels too. Maybe it has stopped raining now and you have a photo of the monkey wrench quilt look forward to seeing it and those at the exhibition are very nice

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

The animal panels are so cute!