Sunday, October 12, 2014

Baby Safari

 I pulled this project out again after a two week break. I was in my LQS recently, and they had a panel of adorable animals pinned to the wall behind the register. Julia had seen all four animals that week, so the fabric had to come home with me!


My original intention was to make two pillows for Julia's bed to welcome her home in December. But once I got going, Instagram decided they had to stay together in a wall hanging or baby quilt.
 

I've been trying to move them around and add various coordinating prints to make it large enough for a baby quilt, but it just isn't working.
 

Some zebra print sashing and the coordinating pink pennant print will work for a wallhaning. 
 

The collection is called Hello World  from Blend Fabrics. The animal panel is called Welcoming Committee and the pink print is called Glory Days. How sweet is that?


If you'd like to see Julia's photos of these animals and more (including treadle sewing machines in the tailor's shop), please visit her blog, Julia's Journey. The spike in blog traffic will freak her out!

5 comments:

Rike Busch said...

Dear Tina,
This little panels are really cute. I am looking forward to see the finished top.
Greetings, Rike

WoolenSails said...

Those are really cute, great designs to quilt around.

Debbie

Jodi said...

I just finished reading Julia's posts, Tina! What fun for her! I bet you can't wait to have her back home - wow!
Love your blocks - did I tell you I bought a panel of the other animals that the Folk Art had on the wall - the owl - I forget what else, but anyway! ha! It's late at night and I don't feel like going to check.

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

I really dig the piano key borders. They are perfect!

Dee said...

So sweet! Love this whimsical quilt in progress!