Saturday, January 2, 2016

Quilty Catch Up

I'm so sorry that I've been away from the blog for almost two months! November and December do seem to be the busiest months of the year, what with all the holidays and partying. Here's what I've been up to on the quilting front.
 
Two of my quilts were accepted for exhibition at A Quilters' Gathering in New Hampshire at the beginning of November. Engineer's Wife was awarded a codirector's ribbon from Kate Sussman. She liked the Morse Code anniversary quilt, too.  

  
During the same weekend,  the Rhode Island Modern Quilt Guild presented an exhibit during the Fine Furnishings Show in Pawtucket. Three of my quilts were included: Diamond Party, Sugar Wave and Picture Perfect.


 I had an opportunity to meet Mary Fons! 


  I quilted up an old WIP/UFO before to fill out my craft show booth. It was made from a really cute collection of Debbie Mumm lighthouse prints and coordinates. I think I pieced it in 2008. It can be a baby quilt of small lap quilt, perfect for a beach house.


Finished size: 48" X 54" 


 Another pre-craft show finish was the scrappy pyramid quilt. I really like this fun collection of modern scraps. The green binding works because green goes with everything!


Finished size: 48" X 64"
Started 2/22/15
Completed 12/2/15


While I was in a free motion quilting mood, I quilted up a guild quilt for a Habitat home dedication.


 The RIMQG hosted a postcard swap in November and there were the 2 fabric postcards I sent out. I bust out a paper pieced New York Beauty whenever possible!


On December 23rd, I decided I wanted to make a Christmas quilt for our cuddling up on the couch on Christmas Eve. Well, I got the top done that day and haven't taken another stitch since. I hope to quilt it this coming week. I used two charm packs of Flurry by Kate Spain and two yards of solid white Kona. Yummy!


And there you have it!

2 comments:

Janet Ann said...

Congratulations on the ribbon! And you are .... As always .... One busy girl!

margaret said...

congratulations on the quilt show ribbons so good to have so many accepted you must have been thrilled. Your Christmas quilt looks lovely. Like you I have been absent from my blog 3 months away, it is easy not to post on it but hope to do it more reguarly this year