Thursday, January 28, 2016

Guild Fun

 It has been kind of a random week of stitching, jumping from one project to another. As I was thinking about what to blog about today, I realized there was a theme to some of the projects: Guilds. 

Narragansett Bay Quilters Association is having a show in April, which means a fabric challenge was issued. Members were able to purchase some of the challenge fabric- Kaffe Fassett's Millefiore dated 2012. I've had that piece of fabric for several months, waiting for inspiration to strike. Early this week, I scoured my Pinterest boards and found this lovely little piece by Bryan House Quilts. Rebecca's wildflowers measure about 7", so my whole piece will be about 22".


I fussy cut the Millefiore and selected some coordinating prints from my stash. Everything is cut and ready for nighttime EPP TV stitching. In three days, I was able to finish three blocks. I'm planning to make nine blocks, and I hope to be quilting this piece next week.


Rhode Island Modern Quilt Guild is on the second round of postcard swapping. Recognize that heart fabric? My swap partner is also a member of NBQA, so I hope she gets a kick out of the guild crossover.
 

I recently received a couple of postcards from RIMQG. Leslie sent me the sweet orange lollipop flowers because one of my Christmas postcards got lost in the mail. Thank you, swap angel!


Lisa sent me these cool seaside stitches! Yes, fabric postcards go through the mail, but it seems like they pick up ink/dirt from the postal machines in the same spot. Bummer.
 

 Ninigret Quilters is having a three-month swap of lifesaver blocks. Here's my haul from January. 


I'm going to try to finish something today. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Looks like a fun challenge, can't wait for the show.
I did a few postcards, I usually send them in an envelope so they don't get ruined.
Love how she did a sew piece for you.

Debbie

Sharon L said...

When mailing my fabric postcards I take them in and have them post and hand-stamp them. It usually results in a "clean" delivery.