Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two for Big Girls

Next in our Two for Tuesday series: Big Girl Quilts.

Lily's Big Sister Quilt is done! I finished the binding and sewed on the ric-rac this weekend. I love the ric-rac! I should use it more often. The quilt looks perfect on our kitchen wall. I think I'll keep it there until I need to pack it. Scratch that. I need to take it to Guild show & tell tomorrow.

Girls Rule was started at a getaway weekend workshop on string piecing in 2002. I pieced the whole top that weekend, using cool girl novelties. It hangs in Julia's room, decorated with her flair.
I quilted it after a class with Kathy Sandbach. I learned so much in that class that I actually use ever time I machine quilt. The class was worth every penny, and then some.It was fun to try a different fill pattern in each block. I love the flowers in the sashing, "girls rule" in the bottom border,
and the girls with different hair styles in the other borders. This is one of my favorite quilts.My apologies for the blurry photos. I wonder where the tripod is hiding.

Ciao,
Tina

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the rick rack on the Big Sister Quilt, really cute. The Girls Rule quilt is fantastic. What quilt isn't complete without a little embellishment?