Here is Lily's Big Sister Quilt (BSQ). Almost done! I'm saving the binding (hand work) for the Monday night quilting bee at the community center.
It is made almost completely from stash with leftovers from a Weed whacker quilt. The only thing I needed to purchase was a yard of green print for the border. I had one in the stash that just wasn't right. I think I'll add a wide ric rac trim between the borders.
I quilted it with swirls and loops, my standard free motion deal. I didn't wear the grippy gloves, like I usually do. I wanted to, but I couldn't find them until after I was done. It figures. So my stitches are not as even as I'd like and my shoulders are pretty sore.
I added a few surprises in the quilting, a few flowers, hearts, stars and a big letter L.
The back is pieced from 9" squares and a few Twisted Happy Blocks. I made the label with leftover border blocks and pieced it into the back. I've never done that before, but I like it.OK, I'm ready to meet a new baby (boy!) and play with Lily! The delivery is scheduled for next week, so only a few days to go. We'll be traveling to visit them during winter break.
I'm starting a new weight loss plan today. Maybe I'll add a pounds lost tally in the side bar.
P.S. I should have mentioned that I tried the new Eco-friendly batting for BSQ and the racecar quilt and I like it. It's very thin, but stable. It has enough cotton to grip the fabric, so no puckering. It can be cut with a rotary cutter and doesn't leave any fuzz stuck to the board. It seems to wash well, too. I like it better than the lumpy bamboo batting.