Friday, February 27, 2009

To Do Today

Today, I'm machine quilting my scrappy camp quilt. I pieced the top last spring, after I saw Rosalie's quilt during show & tell at the getaway. It went together really quickly with old stash uglies and some newer fun fabrics. All the triangles started out as 2" squares from a Y2K collection from Keepsake Quilting. (I'll tell you more about that another day.) I purchased the flannel for the backing when the Fabric Place closed their store in Warwick. That was a sad day. I really miss that store.Half of the quilting is done already, not bad for 90 minutes work. I'm using the walking foot and only doing vertical lines. Fast + easy = done!
Also on the list for today:
  • get my tax info ready for Bill
  • work out
  • grocery shopping
  • post office- ship baby blankets
  • deliver Girl Scout cookies
  • attend Janet's troop's Girl Scout bridging ceremony
A long list and it's already 10:00! I'd better get to it!
Ciao,
Tina

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This top looks fantastic. I love the scrappy look - I still get a bit nervous putting the different fabrics together but I LOVE the finished look of scrappy quilts :)

Unknown said...

I love the quilt! We used to have a Fabric Place here is in CT, it also closed and it was a sad day. It has been several years and I still think about it. The quilting is perfect for the quilt and looks great. Your list looks similar to mine. Tax stuff is at the top of the list.