Thursday, February 12, 2009

3 pounds lost- hope I never find it again!

I went to my second weight loss class at the gym today. I lost 3 pounds the first week! I'm learning a lot about what food to eat in which combination at what time of day. I love being back in the gym working out. The focus of this plan is fat loss, not so much weight loss. I feel like I'm building muscle already.

I'm busy today getting ready for a Girl Scout Leader meeting. It's a lot of work being a GS volunteer. Besides running my own troop, I am the Service Unit Manager, which means I am the "lead volunteer" for the 48 troops in our community. I love the girls, and the special events, parties, camping and ceremonies. If only the adults would follow directions, fill out their paperwork, register for events, and come to meetings, we'd be golden!

I'd rather be sewing! I made a few blocks for Anna's quilt to bring to show & tell last night. I can't wait until tomorrow when I can sew all day!

Go for a walk, eat your protein and have a great day!
Ciao,
Tina

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up! I used to be a girl scout leader. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it very much. It was rewarding for my daughter too.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hey Tina, it's good to have you join our challenge. I'll put your name on my LOSER list.

Unknown said...

yea you know you love us! im sooo proud of you mom! im really excited that your having so much fun and losing "fat" at the same time. :) love you!

scrapworking said...

Hi Tina! Thanks for the nice comment over on my blog. I wish I could fly up there and talk to the Girl Scouts and parents for you! I have 2 teen boys - always wished for a girl so I could do the GS thing with them. I tried to get them to do Boy Scouts, but their dad wasn't interested (we're divorced). Congrats on losing those pounds! Keep thinking positive and working out. I enjoyed looking at your quilts and BIP (blocks in progress) - would love to see how small you get with those PP blocks. Trying to get more quilting in my life! Well, thanks again and I hope you'll come visit me again! (I have an old friend that moved back to RI...lost track of him though)

Nancy said...

Don't let anyone tell you that being 'Green' is an easy job. I volunteered on the troop level, service unit level and council level for 15 years. Enjoy the time you spend with the girls..... that is what makes it all worth it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.