Saturday, February 21, 2009

Quilt Along / Quiltathon

For today's Quiltathon, I'll be sewing up my half square triangles for the Quilt Along. I cut out all of my squares last night and drew a diagonal line across the lights. When I'm ready to sit at the machine, I'll sew 1/4" on both sides of the line, cut them apart, press open and trim. It works for me.

When I was at my sister's house this week, I photographed the table runner I made for her last Fall, in situ. The tumbling blocks are made from woven tubes of fabric, so it's reversible. It was fun, but I haven't made one for myself yet. I was happy to have the Turn-it-All tools to turn all those tubes. The pattern is from Dream Weaver Patterns.





And I never took a picture of the matching game I made for Lily for Christmas. There are a dozen pairs of squares with novelty animal prints on one side and they all have purple fabric on the back. There is Peltex interfacing on the inside, one row of stitching near the edge, and I cut them out with a pinking blade. Super fast, easy, cute and fun! The drawstring bag holds them all. The best part is that Lily already knows all the animals and she actually plays with it. For now, they keep the squares face up for her to find the matches. When she gets a little older, it can be a memory game, with the pictures face down. The tutorial is on the Michael Miller blog.This is the first day in a week that I have woken up without a headache. My nose is still running, but I feel much better. I won't be making the trip to see Mark Lipinski, though. There's too much to do around here.

Ciao,
Tina

3 comments:

tirane93 said...

tina that is one sweet table runner. i've never seen that pattern/technique before! looks like i have to add some experimenting to my list of things to do.

Shannon said...

I love your work! The tablerunner is fab...

Thanks for the link for the matching game. What a wonderful idea!

Happy Room Diana said...

I love the table runner and have asked the designer if she will sell me a copy and send it to the UK.. thanks for posting the information.
Happy Room Diana