Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Scattered Tuesday

This is what my kid did at work today! OOHRAH!
(He's not in the picture. I'll probably never get a picture of him doing anything this cool.)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/marine_corps/10478681385/in/photostream/

I couldn't focus on any one project today, so I worked on four! I made this cute drool bib/bandana for Mollie. It was a request from her mom, and I'll make more if this one works for them. I used the dimensions in this post from Begin with B.
 

I quilted a few rows on this donation quilt so I could remove most of the pins. I'll need them for my father-in-law's quilt.
 

Speaking of my FIL, I pieced the backing for Garnet and Gray, but no picture. 

I picked up this quilt from a customer who wants me to replace the worn out binding. This is one well-loved quilt! Judging from the calicoes that I recognize from my own wedding quilt, this log cabin was pieced in the late 80's. Other than the binding, it's in fairly good shape besides being very faded. It's super soft and cozy, so I can see why she wants it repaired.


I'll let you know when Pete starts jumping out of helicopters, instead of just dangling from them!

5 comments:

Cathy said...

It looks like they are having fun! Looking forward to the Maroon & Grey quilt.

Janet Ann said...

Jammed Pack Day! You always amaze me at the amount of quilty work you can get done in a day!

WoolenSails said...

That looks fun as long as someone else is doing it, lol. Love the bib idea, really cute. Nick takes his off, so i gave up on trying to put one on. Need to devise one that he can't take off.

Debbie

margaret said...

what nerve those young men have hanging from the helicopter.

Good to see you are giving life back to the worn quilt

Gina said...

What an exciting life Pete leads serving our country!! i guess having a few WIPs going is motivating to get things done especially when you have to quilt a quilt so you can use the pins for another:)