Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WIP Wednesday- Garnet and Gray Day 4

After a few days off, I'm finally back to Garnet and Gray. Time is ticking, as we'll be visiting Bill's dad this weekend. As I searched for a quilting design, I wanted to do something other than straight lines with the walking foot, but not a frilly FMQ design. I found "Circuit Board" by Leah Day, which is absolutely perfect for the pattern and for a man who was an electrical engineering professor.
 

 The texture is amazing! It's like a straight line stipple.


I'm not very good at free motion straight lines. The Halo makes it much easier.


In other WIP news, I finished a couple of non-quilty things this past week.

I'm planning to make a few more of these drool bibs/bandanas for Mollie. We'll be seeing her this weekend, too.


The crocheted bucket was a totally random project. It was a fun way to use up some old yarn.


Happy Wednesday!

http://www.freshlypieced.com/

9 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Your free motion quilting looks great! I love how dense this pattern is. :)

Unknown said...

I love the quilting! Your pattern choice is great.

Susan J Barker said...

wonderful projects! and the drool bib is something a little fellow I know may just have a use for! Thanks for the link and the idea!

momiji said...

The quilt is looking great. Please post photos when it's finished!

WoolenSails said...

That is a great pattern for a guys quilts and it works beautifully with the design and fabrics. I saw the halo and wondering if it is worth it. One problem I have is my machine is on a desk, so not the best surface for quilting on. I have a few tops and I need to start quilting them.

Debbie

Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

I love your circuit board quilting. It looks amazing. Congrats on all your progress.

Marsha Cooper said...

I haven't been brave enough to try stippling at all.
I did buy a darning foot....who knows if I will ever use it.
I just don't do well with machine quilting at all and just prefer to tie my quilts.

margaret said...

quilting looks great and as you say a great pattern for an engineer

CityHouseStudio said...

Your gray and red quilt is gorgeous! I love what you're doing with the FMQing - awesome! And I may have to check out that crocheted bucket tutorial, thanks for the link!