Thursday, April 17, 2014

Garnet and Gray

I'm ready to start working on a lap quilt for my father-in-law. I picked up a few more "garnets" yesterday at Knit One Quilt Too and Just Quilts. I'm hoping I have enough fabric to make a 60 x 75" Bento Box quilt.


I've gotten out of the habit of pre-washing fabric, but I think it is necessary in this case. This quilt will be washed a lot, so I want to make sure the reds don't run. This fabric is in the washer with the 9-Patch Swing quilt and two color catchers. I'll be cutting up a storm this afternoon!

7 comments:

Loree said...

I think color catchers are one og the worlds best inventions.

Love those Garnets!
Loree
www.garnergirl-loree.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Bento box is such a great little pattern!

Jodi said...

Good call, washing all those reds first. Have fun cutting - not my favorite step :-)

WoolenSails said...

Those are beautiful fabrics and It is going to be a gorgeous quilt with the color combination.

Debbie

Rainy said...

Hey! Bento Box is the quilt I'm working on, too! However, I no longer have all of the necessary equipment for quilt making because I was making it at a friends house and she is too busy nowadays to work on quilts...

margaret said...

lovely selection of fabric, re colour catchers only discovered them this year, how amazing they are can`t work out how they work but they certainly do

Cathy said...

Guess I need to get some color catchers! Love the deeper reds. Glad someone was picky.