Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mother-Daughter Craft Time

 Julia and I decided to play with fabric scraps and mod podge today. As soon as I saw the little leftover bits of this jelly roll, I knew I wanted to make one of these ticker tape canvases from Crazy Mom Quilts. There are so many fun art canvas projects on Pinterest, I had already picked up two canvases on sale somewhere.


Julia went diving into all the scrap bins for her favorite bits. Can you tell she has a favorite color? She's even dressed to match! (Pretend you don't see the clutter on the fridge door.)


She included pieces of Army and Marine Corps prints. And I love the pink heart.
 

I was wearing an orange scarf today that matches my piece. 
 

It was good to put down the laptops and cell phones for a while and actually make something. Thanks for the inspiration, Amanda!

8 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Neat!! I'm all for putting away the screens from time to time. It's usually worth it!

Cathy said...

Fun idea for one-of-a-kind art!

Gina said...

Mother-daughter craft time is the best!! Both of your canvases turned out beautifully!!

Gina said...

What a great idea for using up scraps. You could co ordinate wall decor to your bed quilts

Jodi said...

Oh, how pretty, and fun! Time spent with our daughters is priceless, isn't it? (sorry I referred to Julia as "Julie" in a previous email :-) And thanks for passing on some inspiration!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

That's a beautiful way to spend your time.

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a fun time spent together. I also think Fred did a wonderful job as a quilt holder! That is a beautiful quilt. Habitat for Humanity has a charity quilt program? My husband has volunteered building houses and I've always wondered if there is a way to get involved with quilts.

CapitolaQuilter said...

Blues and Greens are kind of my go to palette as well. Wish I'd unplugged this weekend instead of doing a back to back marathon to catch up on a show.