A few months ago, a crew from our guild cleaned out the sewing room of a member who had passed away. She was sweet and kind, and I enjoyed seeing projects that we had worked on together at workshops and retreats.
I'm still sorting through her fabrics and supplies. I did make some progress over the long weekend. I found some UFOs that I wanted to finish, and did. Joan had pieced this Dresden plate, and prepared the center circle. I found more of the floral fabrics, pulled out some of her batting scraps, and completed this sweet wall hanging. Those of us of a certain age will quickly recognize the 90's calicoes!
This table runner was even easier to finish. The top was already layered with batting and backing, ready to quilt. The runner and Dresden will be sold at a guild auction in July. Why is it easier to finish someone else's UFOs than our own?
I mentioned last week that our guild provides quilts for local Habitat for Humanity homes. This is the pile stored here that is waiting to be quilted. Another member has more at her house. Yikes! It may be time for a machine quilting workshop.
There are several single men and teen boys who will need quilts this summer. As I was sorting Joan's stash, I pulled all the manly fabrics and kitted up a few quilts.
In the '"keeping it real" department, this is what my garage still looks like...
I have a deadline to get this all cleared out by the end of the month. Hubby wants to park his car in the garage this winter.
Stuff is so overwhelming! I have a new organization plan for this year. I'm focusing on one area of the house each month. It is a relief to walk into a room and realize that I don't have to worry about it yet. I'll get to it later.