Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday Stash

 Julia and I were in desperate need of some retail therapy yesterday, so we headed to our local quilt shop, Folk Art Quilts.

I had signed up for a New York Beauty block of the month, but hadn't picked up my kits in a few months. I thought I might be 2 or 3 months behind. Imagine my surprise when Mary brought out 5 kits! It's not that I haven't been to the shop for that long, I just forgot about them. Julia and I have always wanted to work on a New York Beauty together. Now we have to!


While we were in the shop, we realized that Julia will be free to attend our quilt weekend retreat in March! We originally thought she would have another commitment. We'll start the NYB then, but we also needed fabric for the Saturday workshop. The blue Bali Pops are hers, and the yummy Tonga Treats are mine.

We couldn't stop there. The navy blue batik is for the binding on the San Diego top from last week. Julia couldn't resist the Philip Jacobs petunias. And I needed to replenish my low volume stash.

That was one expensive trip to the quilt shop, but worth every penny!

Molli Sparkles

4 comments:

Terri said...

Love your TT pink lemonade! I feel a need for therapy, too.
Hugs

Lorna McMahon said...

Those are some luscious choices you made! Can't wait to see them in action!

Molli Sparkles said...

YAY! Some batik love! Thanks for linking up to SS!

Cathy said...

I'm obviously catching up on my blog reading. Love Julia's choice of blues. That should be a fun quilt retreat!!