Thursday, January 9, 2014

New Batik Project

 I've been itching to start something new. While surfing Pinterest last night, I came across a Fons and Porter pattern that attracted me. I knew immediately that I could use this package of batik strips that I've been hoarding. Actually, I gave them to Julia for Christmas two or three years ago.


I paired up the strips and started chopping them up.
Ooh, that lime and raspberry combo is so yummy.
 

The best part about this pattern is that it uses virtually the entire strip with minimal waste. I think the scraps will be perfect for a Ticker Tape canvas.

 
This is what I have after about two hours of work! Fun, right?!
 

If you are interested, here's the link to Kristine Peterson's pattern, Color Study. Or you can jump to Kristine's inspiration, Gemini by Blue Underground Studios.

6 comments:

Pat Harrison said...

Very cool Tina, the colors are wonderful together!

mb-RI said...

Love the colors - very festive!

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

Oh!!! It is fun! I like it lots. Great use of those fabrics!

Martha said...

Lots of fun, awesome colors!!! That is going to be a fabulous quilt-so cheerful :^)

Cathy said...

Fun!! I really like that you are using up every bit of fabric.

marinin batik said...

thats very stunning. really like the color and design. its different with malaysian batik. the concept also different. good job!