Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival- Scrap Quilt Entry- Emerald Selvage Spiderweb



The selvages were pieced on a foundation of painter's masking paper that comes on a roll in the hardware store. I just cut it to the sizes I needed for the blocks and borders.


 The green is Kona Fern, that I thought was pretty close to this year's color of the year, Emerald. A few more selvages were used to make the back large enough.


 I really had fun quilting this!


Motifs in the green spaces and mums in the spiderwebs.


This was my first time making a double sided binding.


This is my favorite quilt of 2013, so far!


Amy has done an amazing job of coordinating all the prizes and setting up the linky parties for all the categories. Head over to browse and vote (next week) and send Amy some love!


Enjoy the Blogger's Quilt Festival! 

6 comments:

Carole Ann said...

This is gorgeous, Tina! I love how you quilted it!

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous quilt - I have never seen double sided binding before. That's genius!

CitricSugar said...

Great use of selvedges! Beautiful quilting.

erin said...

i love this awesome quilt!

jeifner said...

It's beautiful! Great color with the selvages and love the border quilting.

Unknown said...

Fun! Great color! I just love selvedge quilts!