Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Finish: This star quilt was the perfect project for a beautiful Spring day. Read more about it here.


In Progress: I've been working on other outreach projects because they are mindless sewing. Yesterday, I finished the blocks for this bricks quilt that a little boy will love.


I finally started my flag for Boston last night. I chose the anchor from the Rhode Island state flag that stands for Hope. I used a freezer paper stencil technique with fabric paint. I'll heat set the paint when it dries and hope it doesn't run if it is out in the rain.
 
For the other side of the flag, I will piece the word HOPE. I am not good at have never tried improv piecing, so I drew out some wonky letters to paper piece. (I was excited to get an email from Craftsy, announcing Jacquie Gering's new class!)


I also pulled fabric for my block for Quilts for Boston. This project is using a tighter color palette. If the HOPE letters come out OK, I might enlarge them for this block.


Simmering: Two secret projects for two special people are due soon, but not started. I need to get going!

Mod Bento has been pin basted for weeks. Maybe I'll finally quilt it before next Wednesday.

On the back burner:
I ordered backing fabric for the Magenta quilt and my Three by Three top that has been waiting far to long to be quilted.  (Yikes! That 9-patch swap was 6 years ago!)

It's time to link up, then get stitching!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I really love how that quilt came out and the colors are beautiful. I finally got the middle of my baby quilt done, and it is off, no matter how hard I tried to match the seams, lol. But, it still looks nice, so today the borders go on.

Debbie

Mego said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your anchor! What a great idea!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous quilts, and so special to be taking part in the Boston project. My daughter lives a mile from all the Watertown action, these are scary times. Bless you.