Friday, May 3, 2013

Birds for the Bee

 Sue asked for these cute birds for her month of May in the Modern Stash Bee. I guess I didn't follow the instructions very well on the first blue bird, and his legs were a little off.


Riiiiip, and resew. Better?
 

Sue asked for low volume or text print for the backgrounds, so I used one of each. This text print is so busy, I needed the bold red to stand out against it. I wish I had made his beak yellow.
 

The birds and bees are certainly busy now that Spring has finally sprung. I'm looking forward to the return of the Baltimore Orioles. I might need to make one of those for Sue, too!

7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Those are fun blocks, I do enjoy doing appliques and birds.

Debbie

Nilya said...

sooo sweet. The Blue Bloods Hive makes flags for To Boston with Love in the name of Kelly... I should have made a bird like this on the flag ;-)

Barbara said...

Very cute, looks like paper piecing. Well done, would never have noticed the imperfect legs!

Carla said...

Very sweet little birds ; )

Karen said...

I like the bird on the fabric with words. Looks like newsprint or pages from a book.

Anonymous said...

I love these birdie blocks :)

Ms. C said...

Nice birds!