Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Marine Mom Tote

I finally made myself a proud mom tote bag. I mashed up two patterns: The Market Tote by Jodi Nelson of Pleasant Home and Oak Park Bag by Stephanie Dunphy. I used Jodi's idea of the string blocks and Stephanie's corduroy love. The blue corduroy on the bottom is a wide wale, and the red is narrow.


 I made the string blocks while Pete was in boot camp over a year ago. I was planning to make a tote to bring to graduation. Instead, I bought the patch at his graduation from Parris Island. I found the perfect button yesterday at Lorraine Fabrics in Pawtucket, RI.


I inserted a zipper pocket in the lining because the Kindred Quilters taught me how. Now every bag needs zippered pockets! The handles were cut from a worn out pair of Pete's pants. Gotta love desert MARPAT!
 

I am a very proud Marine Mom!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

This is gorgeous!! (How's he doing?)