Monday, February 16, 2015

Blue Elephant

This sweet little elephant is waiting to be named by Julia when she comes home next weekend. It was supposed to be a surprise, but I'm really bad at keeping secrets. I texted her a pic last night!


 This is my first attempt at amigurumi. I haven't even picked up a crochet hook in over a year. This is a free pattern from Lion Brand, but you'll need to sign up for a free account first. Here's the link on my Pinterest board. The pattern calls for two colors, but I only had one.


She only took a couple of hours to make while watching SNL40. I need to work on placement of parts (one leg doesn't touch the ground) and reducing the gaps where batting shows through. She might need a little flower behind her ear.
 

I'll leave you with my favorite baby elephant pic from our safari.

2 comments:

Janet Ann said...

Way cute little elephant! Julia will love it! So happy for you that she is coming home!

Jodi said...

Sweet little guy, or gal, I suppose! I like the one color better. I always told/tell Tara her surprises ahead of time, too. Oh, well, it's still fun, right? My husband was glued to the TV watching SNL last night - so Downton, which was my pick, got DVR'd - thank God for DVRs!