It was a long time coming, but the Mod Bento quilt is finally done. This quilt started as a block swap THREE years ago!
June 9, 2010: First blocks made for swap
June 15, 2010: More blocks made
July 2010: Top assembled
March 2013: Quilt basted
July 7, 2013: Machine Quilted
July 8, 2013: Bound by machine
It took a while to decide how to quilt these blocks. I ended up drawing a grid across the blocks and stitching orange peels. (Scroll down to the continuous curve diagram from Carla Barrett.)
The white sashing got a vine with a loop and the borders got my standard loopy swirl.
Julia and I could not agree on a fabric for the binding, so I went with white. It works.
I LOVE the back! I would buy a whole bolt of that Amy Butler print if I could.
56" X 78"
June 15, 2010 - July 8, 2013