Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Geese, Band, and an Anniversary

My Geese in the Forest top is done! Now how should I quilt it? Any suggestions?


That was a lot of paper to tear off ! But I love paper-piecing, so it's a small price to pay.


We went to a friend's long arm studio to watch her new computer drive complete one of Julia's QOV's. So cool!


I created two band geeks! I'm so proud!
I loved being in marching band in high school, and I'm happy to report that Pete and Julia love it, too. (Don't let the goofy teenage grins fool you!)


Their first performance was at a football game on Friday night. Pete has a really cool snare drum part in the marching cadence that the horn section was dancing to in the stands. They had more fun than anyone at the game! Unfortunately, they got rained out of the Fireman's parade on Sunday. That gives them more time to practice marching before the Veteran's Day Parade.


These 2 cuties started "dating" 2 years ago today.
(13 year olds don't really date and 15 year olds don't have any money, so they mostly hang around at home. That works for me.)


They make each other happy and that makes me happy.

Julia made Josh this neat card. Then they cooked dinner together.
So sweet.


Have a happy day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tina, I just love how the top finished up!! I love, love, love it!! I really need to start mine. Great pics of the kids.