Saturday, December 19, 2009

Be Safe

Our neighbors across the street had a chimney fire last night. They are all fine, no one was hurt, Thank God. Their daughter was happy to play with her friends until late at night. The firefighters had to move their Christmas tree to get to the fireplace wall and some special ornaments were broken. We'll find out more about structural/smoke/water damage today.

This family is meticulous and I'm sure they followed all the rules for wood stove safety. If you use wood to heat your house, please review these safety tips.

Be safe this Christmas. Learn about Holiday Fire Safety here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness everyone is okay! What a scary thing to happen.