Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sneak Peek

When Anita Grossman Solomon visited Ninigret Quilters last month, she showed us her newest pattern for Anita's Tee. Isn't it awesome? Tessellations make me happy!


The pattern was just sent to Quiltmaker for a future publication. I was lucky enough to get a peek as a "pattern tester." In true Anita style, she has devised an ingenious method for piecing this block.  I've always wanted to make myself a Tee quilt. I drafted it once as a mini paper pieced block, but never actually pieced it. I couldn't wait to get started on this one!


I turned my blocks on point to make the Tees straight.  I used 12 different prints plus Kona Snow for the background. I'm planning to add a couple of borders before quilting this wall hanging for my sea glass-inspired bedroom. (I need to fix that one bad corner at the top of the darker green Tee in the second row from the bottom. It's staring at me!)
 
 

Why am I so fascinated by piles of trimmings? They are just so pretty!

2 comments:

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

SO cute! :)

Cathy said...

We like the same colors. We both like tessellations. You seem to like lots of white in your quilts too. I wonder what else we would find we have in common?