Monday, April 8, 2013

Batik Arrowheads

 Another completed quilt! This was a quick one. Once I started making blocks, I couldn't stop! I started it on Friday, March 29 and completed it on Friday, April 5.


The pattern is Anita's Arrowheads from Anita Grossman Solomon's book Rotary Cutting Revolution and her Craftsy class Traditional Blocks Made Simple. (If you purchase the class, you get the e-book for free!)
 

All of the batiks came out of my stash. The only thing I had to buy was the back. It is quilted in the ditch with a variegated YLI machine quilting thread that blended perfectly with the back.
 

 It looks really good on the back of my brown sofa, but it won't be there for long. I'll bring it to guild show & tell tomorrow, then it will be given to a friend who needs to be wrapped in love and prayers.


My mother tested it out for him! If you saw yesterday's post, you know we went to a Marine Corps Poolee family day. The recruiters put them through their paces, then turned them over to the Drill Instructor standing behind mom.  It was a fun day for all of us!


Batik Arrowheads
March 29-April 5, 2013
50" x 76"

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That really came out beautifully and I can see your mom loves it too. I really need to get myself motivated and finish quilting some quilts, two are easy ones for charity, so I need to do those first.

Debbie

Julianne said...

Oh its gorgeous, what a nice finish!

Pokey said...

It is a grand finish, sure to bring comfort to your friend ~
:-}pokey

Debbie said...

Beautiful quilt and handy you had a tester nearby!

SewCalGal said...

This quilt is absolutely stunning. Fun design, beautiful fabrics, great visual impact with those yummy Hoffman fabrics. As you made this with fabric from your stash, my stash is asking for an opportunity to "breed" with your stash. LOL!

I'm sure the recipient of this quilt will appreciate your quilty hug for a very long time.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com