Monday, April 23, 2012

Twisted

A three-year old WIP is now finished!
I started this project with Bonnie during Super Bowl Weekend 2009.  It was sort of a quilt along to use up 2.5" strips.  I had a stack of novelties that needed to be used, so I chopped them up into 2.5" strips and started stitching.


All the blocks were done before the end of the big game.   But when I laid them out all next to each other, it was kind of muddy and really didn't work.  So I grabbed some fresh fabric from the stash and added some sashing and the fun border.   And there it sat in the WIP pile.


I pulled it out again after a machine quilting class with Pam Clarke at MQX 2010.  I wanted to try out her technique on something that would hide my mistakes.  It hides them so well, you can't see the quilting at all!  Here's a glimpse on the back.  I had gotten through about 1/3 of the quilting.  Back to the WIP pile!


A couple of weeks ago, I dug it back out and finished the quilting in a few hours.  Another hour to sew the binding completely by machine and it was ready to show Bonnie during show & tell.

Totally Twisted, 60 X 76", completed April 16, 2012.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

oh my I bet it feels good to have that done! Love the orange sashing!

Archie the wonder dog said...

It looks great! Now you can start something new and not feel guilty about the UFOs (well, one of them at least!) staring at you from the shelf and wondering when it's going to be their turn...

CraftyGardenMom - Tanesha said...

That Masquerade quilt is just beautiful. And I am in awe of all the swap blocks you have going - I'd never keep them all straight lol. Thanks for sharing.