Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Progress

 I was able to start working on Bonnie Hunter's Orca Bay Mystery quilt this weekend.  We have a lot of Bonnie Hunter fans in our quilt guild, so we issued a challenge to finish this mystery quilt before Bonnie's visit to Rhode Island next April!  We have about 10 members interested, and I hope more will join in after show and tell at the next meeting.

I will be working with blues, greens and oranges on a tan background.  

Part 1:  I have only 40 of the 224 quarter triangle units done.
(I'm using blue in place of Bonnie's black.)


Part 2:  I have 12 of the required 72 string blocks done.
(I'm using orange in place of Bonnie's blue.)
I was happy to see that I'm not the only one using orange!


It's progress.  I'll keep plugging along as time permits.


Weekend Update:
I participated in a craft fair at my church, but didn't sell much, as expected.  I should fare better at next week's show at a local elementary school.  

I try not to spend more than I make at shows, so I look for interesting crafts that I would not make for myself.  Isn't this fairy adorable?  She's not much bigger than a quarter! 


Have you seen The Muppets yet?  Classic Muppets, cool cameo appearances and a great story.  We want more!  I would love to see The Muppet Show on TV again.  I think we're ready for a weekly variety show, what with all the singing and dancing competition shows.  Please, Disney, bring back the Muppet Show!

11 comments:

carolyn berroeta said...

Your blocks are truly beautiful, and I love your colors.

petra said...

Tina, your orange strings are lovely. Where in RI is your guild? I live just across the border in CT.

Tracy said...

I LOVE the orange! Aren't those strings fun?

Sue Daurio said...

Wow!!! love your colors. Those strings are gorgeous!

Barb in Mi said...

Love your colors!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Love your block colours and the fairy is wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

Love watching you at work! I'm sorry I can't nip across and get to your crafting fairs..I'd buy!

Candace said...

Your colors are so gorgeous. I'm sure the green will just add to it. Lovely blocks.

Ellen said...

Your blues are lovely and your strings just look so happy!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your orange string blocks. They will give some spark and punch to the blue & white. ... And now, I need to get back to my blue strings.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through the Orca Bay link. I like your quilts and have now subscribed to your updates through FeedBlitz. Now I need to go back and look at your finished projects.